At www.travelgig.co (“Travel Gig”) we consider the privacy of our visitors to be extremely important.
You can visit our Site without disclosing any personal identifiable information about you.
Travel Gig collects information/Personal Data about you when you register for an account, provide information on your profile, add photos, update your profile, ask for customer support or subscribe to the newsletter.
When you register to use our Services by creating an Account, we will collect Personal Data as necessary to offer and fulfil the Services.
Depending on the Services, users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, telephone numbers, birth date, gender, photos, username, personal website URL, descriptions of your place, travel plans, Facebook details, other social media account details and other details/ Identification information you choose to make available to establish an Account. All members signing up for an account with Travel Gig must provide their name and email address. We may require you to provide us with additional Personal Data as you use our Services.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, but this may prevent them from engaging in certain activities related to the Sites.
We may collect additional information from or about you when you communicate with us, contact our customer support teams via email.
We use your email address to confirm your opening of an Account, to send you a Welcome email, a gentle reminder to complete the registration process and other important notices regarding your Account. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature and integral to the use of our Services rather than promotional.
We communicate with you via email or contact form.
Why Do We Retain Personal Data?
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users devices whenever they interact with our Sites. Such information may include hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and how User devices interact with our Sites.
Information about User location may be collected each time you access or use our Sites when you allow this information to be collected. Location-based services can be controlled by altering the settings of your Internet browser or mobile device. However, this may mean that certain parts of our Sites will not operate properly.
Like many other websites, Travel Gig makes use of log files. The information inside log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp and referring/exit pages. This information is used to administer the Sites, track User movement around the Sites, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Travel Gig uses web browser cookies to enhance User experience, to store information about User preferences, to record User-specific information on which pages Users access and to understand usage. Many web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You can choose to set your browser to not allow browser cookies, however doing so may cause parts of our Sites to not operate properly.
How we use collected information
Travel Gig may collect and utilise Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalise User experience: We may use anonymous or aggregated information to understand how Users as a group utilise the services and resources provided on our Sites.
- To manage risk, resolve disputes, and troubleshoot problems
- To improve our Sites: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails: We may use your email address to communicate with you about services, technical announcements, security alerts, updates and to send support messages. If Users decide to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include Travel Gig news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time Users would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, they may do so by contacting us via our Sites.
- To protect the safety of Travel Gig Users and confirm Users identities. To keep the site safe and to mediate disputes we are able to monitor messages sent through our system, but we do not routinely monitor messages. We do apply certain automated filters to prevent abuse of our system. Messages are never shared to third parties.
- To display Travel Gig job applicants names to employers.
How we process the information
We may process your Personal Data for the following reasons
To operate the Site and provide the Services, including to:
- Authenticate your access to an Account
- Communicate with you about your Account, the Site, the Services
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analysing, and improving the Services and the Sites’ performance and functionality.
- To manage risk and protect the Site and the Services from fraud and misuse by verifying your identity, and helping to detect and prevent fraud and abuse of the Site and Services.
- To comply with our obligations and to enforce the terms of our Site and Services, including to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
For our legitimate interests, including to:
- Enforce the terms of our Site and Services.
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as monitoring, analysing; obtain aggregated statistical data about how, when, and why Users visit our Site and use our Services.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, and data stored on our Sites.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Sites and their Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent users personal identification information to others. We may share information with search engines so that the content you provide in feedback can be indexed.
We may use information about you to safeguard the security of our Sites, to protect Travel Gig and our Users or the public from illegal activities or harm.
If you choose to pay for the Services by credit card, Your credit card details are not stored on our servers.
We may share information about you with other parties for business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- If we are required to do so to comply with a law, legal process or regulations.
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, a court order or other legal process or requirements.
- If we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- In case of payment disputes, claims, chargebacks we may be required to disclose information about you as requested to do so by payment providers and other authorities or parties.
- To help assess and manage risk and prevent fraud against us, our Users and fraud involving our Site or use of our Services to parties that we plan to merge with or be acquired by; and to support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
Type of service
It is accepted that Travel Gig is not an electronically supplied service, due to the considerable human involvement of our verification process as well as offering a 24h email support to clients.
What Privacy Choices Are Available To You?
Choices Relating to the Personal Data We Collect:
- You may decline to provide Personal Data when it is requested, but certain Services or all of the Services may be unavailable to you.
- Location and other device-level information. The device you use to access the Sites or Services may collect information about you, including Geolocation Information and User usage data that we may then collect and use. For information about your ability to restrict the collection and use of such information, please use the settings available in your device.
When you use some features of Travel Gig, we may collect information about your location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most browsers or mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services. You can control what information is shown regarding your location in your privacy settings.
Choices Relating to Our Use of Your Personal Data
Finding and connecting with others. If available, you may manage your preferences for finding and connecting with others from your account.
Choices Relating to Cookies
You may have options available to you to manage your cookies preferences. For example, your browser or internet device may allow you delete, disable, or block certain cookies and other tracking technologies. You can learn more by visiting AboutCookies.org. You may choose to enable these options, but doing so may prevent you from using many of the core features and functions available on a Service or Site.
Choices Relating to Your Registration and Account Information
If you have an Account, you can review your Personal Data by logging into your Account. For any updates to personal data, you can contact us on email@example.com. Please contact us if you have questions about your Account information or other Personal Data.
Choices Relating to Communication
Notices, Alerts and Updates from Us:
Marketing: We may send you marketing content about our Sites, Services, products. You may opt out of these marketing communications we send by contacting us via our Sites. You can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Gig uses Google Analytics, a third-party web measurement tool.
Users who choose to disable Google Analytics will still have full access to the Sites.
Social Media tools and Third Party privacy policies
The Sites offer third party social sharing features which allow Users to share actions and information with other websites, the general public, User community and/or the third-party operating the third-party site. You should consult the respective privacy policies of the third-parties that provide these social sharing features for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to opt-out of certain practices.
Can Children Use Our Services?
We do not knowingly collect information, including Personal Data, from any individuals under the age of 18. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from an individual under the age of 18.
Closing an Account
You can close an account by contacting us at email@example.com. If you close an account we will mark it in our database as closed but we may keep your account information to deter fraud – This is for instance necessary in order to deter fraud, by ensuring that persons who try to commit fraud will not be able to avoid detection simply by closing their account and opening a new account.
However, if you close your account, your personally identifiable information will not be used by us for any further purposes, nor sold or shared with third parties, except as necessary to prevent fraud and assist law enforcement authorities, or as required by law.
Your privacy preferences
- Privacy Options: You can change your privacy settings and set the information you share with others by logging into your profile and selecting your “Privacy options” (located in “My account – Privacy settings”)
- Account Info: You can update your profile or deactivate your account whenever you wish by logging in and choosing to edit your profile. N.B. Even after deactivating your account, certain information may be retained when required by law and to protect Travel Gig Users safety.